Saturday 26 September 2009

Winter.





We're deep in September now, approaching the gloomy face of October. Its fair to say that winter is on its way and those bastard-heat- sleepless nights of summer now behind us and forgotten.

Truth is i like winter, and its not just because i hate the summer. I like winter because i prefer the cold, and i prefer the dark mornings, but its also a really pleasant and nostalgic time for me. I have alot of really nice memories in winter - of burnt orange fields of Autumn days, and of frost covered footpaths of December evenings.

Winter feels like a good time to reflect aswell. I suppose its because winter being the last season, and the last season being at the tail end of the year, means new beginnings will start soon with Christmas fading into the new year. I think reflection CAN be a a positive and REALLY inspiring thing.

Among other things, Winter of 2008 led me to the decision of meeting a girl 3000 miles away from me who i would eventually marry just a year and a half later.

So, heres to reflection and inspiration.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment