Monday 29 June 2009

Era /





As im writing this, im not sure of the date but i know it will tell you once i've posted it.

Ive recently made the massive transition of moving to Canada, alone, to live with my girlfriend.

ive had to leave my family, and the very few friends that i had. The people i miss the most are my brother, and my best friend Jay.

Alot of people have told me time and again that ive had alot of guts to do this. i think its takes some balls, but not ALOT. see, there was this one day in september, the end of september actually. a day that i won't ever forget, and niether will my girlfriend. To cut a long story short, i had visited her in september with much anticipation of meeting her. There was an undeniable connection between the two of us, and we hit it off, to say the least. I had an amazing month with her, i got to meet her family, i got to meet some of her friends, we went to montreal together for 2 weeks, saw sigur ros live, went from metro to metro, and watched the sleepaway camp trilogy. i had the most amazing time with her, the only thing i regret is not taking enough pictures.


It came to the end of September and i had to leave. It was the most heartbreaking day of my life, truly. There was a moment before we departed where we looked into eachothers eyes and knew it was goodbye for a while. i was so overwhelmed with emotion that day and more so at that moment. when you've experienced that moment, especially when you don't have much going for you back at home except a shit pot job in an unpleasant neighburhood, you realise that it doesn't take THAT much balls to wanna move far away in order to live with the one person who truly holds your heart.

So now, some months later, after her coming to england for 2 weeks in january to spend the aftermath of christmas together, im here in canada with her. Ive learnt that goodbyes are ugly. Ive learnt that some people, will never change. Ive learnt that my best friend is Jay Short. Ive learnt that i should never have met some people, and that i should of just stayed away. Though saying that, i wouldn't of met my fiance today if i had that philosiphy in mind.

Ive learnt that i need to grow, and need to be better, to be more. Ive learnt that the world is a much bigger place than a little island called Britain. Ive learnt that chips and gravy is magnificent. Ive learnt that this blog is just becoming ramblings. Ive learnt that i cant smoke weed without feeling sick to my stomach, and i cant drink alcohol most times without getting violent, agressive and nasty.

Ive learnt that 'Sang Dencre' is one of the greatest songs ever written.


Back to the origianl idea of this blog: Era.

when i said goodbye to my family, and already having a sad goodbye to my best friend a couple of nights prior, i crossed the line into customs, went through that metal detector thing, and locked myself straight into the toilets to cry my eyes out, and pull my self together. Leaving my home country, my family and friends to live with my girlfriend in canada was the end of an Era. ESPECIALLY after everything that had happened, after all those expensive phonecalls to eachother, the conversations, the extra shifts at the cinema for cash, that bloody cold winter that year. Its what everything had been building up to. the end of an era, but ofcourse the start of a new one, and something much much bigger. infact, something much much bigger than i could ever have imagined myself doing.

This blog is just a recap on how strange - yet amazing life has been the past couple of years. The story of my life, infact.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment